What we need from you
When you register as a member of Blythe Valley Travelshare or confirm your continued membership, we may ask you for some or all of the following personal information:
- contact details - eg. name, address, email address, phone number;
- work location - (where you commute to);
- home location - (where you commute from) - approximate location (e.g. by postcode) of your home or regular departure point;
- travel preferences.
If you do not provide us with all of the personal information that we need, this may affect our ability to offer you our membership services and benefits.
Why we need your personal information
Contractual purposes: we need to collect our members' personal information so that we can manage your relationship with us, and may use this information to:
- set up an online membership account enabling you to manage your membership and communication preferences;
- put you in touch (anonymously) with other members making similar journeys which you might choose to share.
Legitimate purposes: we also process our members' personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests to:
- provide you with news and updates about the activity of the scheme;
- respond to and investigate your questions, comments, support needs, complaints, concerns or allegations.
Who we share your personal information with
Your data may be processed by Jambusters Limited, who act as Data Processors on our behalf.
They may only use it for the specific purposes for which they act as our data processors and they are not free to pass this on to other organisations.
Your personal data is not passed on by us for use by any other third parties whether or not connected with travel sharing.
How we protect your personal information
Your personal information is accessed by our Travelshare Administrator only for the purposes set out above. It is stored in a password-protected database, and is transferred to Blythe Valley Travelshare by inputting it into that database via the website.
How long we keep your personal information
We only keep your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with membership services. Unless you ask us not to, we will review and delete your personal information where you have not confirmed your continuing membership with us for two years.
You have a right to:
- change your communication preferences or restrict the processing of your personal data for specific purposes;
- request that we correct your personal data if you believe it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- access the personal data that we hold about you through a "subject access request";
- request that we delete your personal information.